Is Alcohol a Fantastic Idea Before Your Display?

Imagine you have been invited as the after-dinner speaker at a nearby club or business and they are serving wine with the meal. Should you partake? I would tell you to stick to water or coffee or tea. While you might find one alcoholic beverage or a single glass of wine relaxing and also a great means of settling your nerves, I beg to differ.

Several years back, I was invited to speak to a group of female insurance brokers in their monthly meeting. The wine was being served with the meal. I had just one glass. Admittedly, I drink very little alcohol however I couldn't imagine that one glass of wine would hurt.

For more information related to Alcohol Delivery Toronto more please the website once and if you like this article please do let us know your views in the comments section below.

Hurt it did because I lost my edge. When I rose to speak, I was overly confident and that I experienced no anxiety. Prior to this involvement and in most of the others who have followed, I encounter nervousness. I enjoy nervousness; I need you, as the public speaker, nervous because if you are not nervous, then I'm concerned.

You will never be able to be that confident at a live performance - that one glass of wine gave me a confidence I didn't deserve and I did not desire. I wasn't as focused and I lost my enthusiasm for my topic because the adrenaline wasn't hurrying to do its job. While I rely on anxiety to give me a border, to take my presentation to a completely new degree, the key in dealing with it is learning how to control it. When you are in charge of your nervousness, you will discover how to let it work for you and not against you.

Later in my career, I was invited to talk to the executives at Labatt's Beer in London, Ontario. I was offered a beer to drink during my demonstration. (This was a first!) I declined, but recall well my experience with the insurance women.

Possessing that edge in public speaking, experiencing the rush of adrenaline is really a blessing when facing an audience. Steer clear of the alcohol to keep that edge. Trust me, your audience will value your delivery much longer so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Alcoholic Drinks - Beer

The Very Best Healthy Alcoholic Drinks-

Cool Drinks for Summer